This guide addresses essential considerations, barriers and practical approaches to EHS Risk Management. It also covers how companies can leverage integrated EHS technology to reduce risks and improve EHS outcomes.
Consistent compliance with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations is a goal all companies must be able to achieve to ensure business success. Most EHS managers know that compliance is the bare minimum and that the most effective programs use a risk-based approach to drive EHS excellence. However, the process of moving from a purely compliance-based approach and mindset to a risk-based approach remains a challenge but an inevitable journey.
This guide includes:
- Pros and cons of certification-based compliance
- Shifting toward integration and strategic approaches as EHS management becomes increasingly complex
- Using ISO 31000 as a guide to evolve EHS management
- Barriers to EHS excellence
- The digitalization journey from compliance to a risk-based approach
- How modern technology can optimize the EHS management process